I’m really excited to have AJ Wilcox of B2Linked.com with us today. AJ is the go-to guy to learn all about LinkedIn and how to use it as a lead-generation tool for anyone. I reached out to find out more about how authors can use it.
LinkedIn is a channel most authors either don’t use or think they don’t need. AJ dispels that notion with these two short videos recorded JUST for #NaNoProMo (what a cool dude), and explains how you can put it to work for you in a few easy steps!
To learn more from AJ, take a look at his blog as well.
The Importance of the LinkedIn Picture and Headline for Authors
- Your Image: Have it tight and close around your face. Find out why.
- Your Headline: aka, your value. What do you rock? What’s your experience? Find out what’s most important to highlight!
- Your Location: Find out why AJ suggests you pick the largest city you’re closest to (unless you’re promoting your small business).
Pro Tip: If you are promoting a book or event, put that on your profile during the promotion! (See what I did for #NaNoProMo on my LinkedIn profile as an example).
3 Ways Authors Can Use LinkedIn to Promote Their Books
In the second video, AJ covers these three main points:
- Being Present: What are the best ways to connect with others? AJ explains.
- Finding Others: Specific tips on connecting you do not want to miss.
- Inbound Reach: Probably the most important advice in this video — what to share, how to share, and how your content can easily go viral!
Big props to AJ for creating this special ‘class’ just for #NaNoProMo! I learned a lot and hope you do, too.
Day 11 Giveaway
From Chris Syme, host of Smarty Pants Book Marketing Podcast and the queen of author marketing—I learn SO much from this brilliant lady. She offers several free online classes (and her premium classes are affordable and well worth the $$).
Chris has graciously donated four signed books to give away: two copies of each, The Newbie’s Guide To Sell More Books With Less Marketing and Sell More Books with Less Social Media.
Comment below for your chance to win a signed book!
#NaNoProMo Day 11: Spectacular LinkedIn Tips You Need to See by guest @WilcoxAJ! Be sure to comment on the post to enter to win a signed book by @CKSyme, too